Lynskey’s new Pro 29 FS-120 frame comes fitted with Fox’s vaunted Float CTD Evolution rear shock. The frame boasts a massive Helix down tube, horizontally ovalized seatstays and the biggest pivot in the industry for super power transfer and predictable steering response. The Evolution rear shock provides loads of adjustability with air pre-load and compression & rebound damping selections at your fingertips. Together with the “roll over anything” 29er wheel configuration, this setup is dialed for XC, sweeping singletrack, twisty descents and much more…
- Fully tuned 3V/2.5AL aerospace grade titanium tubeset for stiffness, stability, precise handling, durability and comfort.
- Oversized Lynskey-designed Helix down tube for stomp and go power transfer.
- Single pivot "faux bar" suspension system with a linkage drive shock that’s optimized for hardtail-like pedaling response and plush bump absorption.
- Pivotless horizontally ovalized seatstays boost lateral rigidity for true tracking and eliminates rear triangle maintenance.
- Largest in the industry swingarm pivot is optimized for minimal chainstay lengthening all along the axle path.
- Jumbo bombproof Shimano press-fit crankarm bearings are utilized in the swingarm pivot for stability, long life and ease of service when necessary.
- Suspension kinematics provided by Luke Beale & David Earle at Sotto Group.
- PressFit BB30 bottom bracket adds structural rigidity by creating more surface area to mate the oversized down tube.
- Anodized linkage has sealed linkage bearings that are incredibly smooth, durable and widely available.
- Asymmetric chainstays create more drive side clearance.
- Oversized 12mm DT Swiss Thru Axle (optional)
- Slider-style dropouts adds tire choice options and wheelbase tuning.
- 120mm rear travel
- 142mm rear spacing
- 31.6mm seatpost
- Gen 3 adds Tapered/Integrated 42/52 headtube
"I just wanted to drop you a note about an experience I had at the 2013 Interbike Dirt Demo. I know Lynskey was not there to demo bikes, but Chad H with FSA was and he was nice enough to let me take his personal Pro FS 120 out for a ride. It had a brand new set of FSA hydraulic brakes on it (I got the first ride on them!), and I have to say the modulation and the braking power was on par with the current Shimano offerings. I maybe even preferred them slightly as they were not as "grabby". The real story for me though, is how great I thought the frame rode. To me it was the perfect balance of smoothing out the bumps, while still feeling fast, not a mushy noodle. It was confidence inspiring, my favorite ride of the demo!"
Chad S, Richmond, VA
1. Yoke/TT link - Sealed Radial Stainless Steel: S688-2RS, 8x16x5
http://www.vxb.com and search 695
2. Rear upper Swingarm/SS link - Shielded Radial Stainless Steel: S6900ZZ, 10x22x6
http://www.vxb.com and search 7089
3. Down Tube/CS link - Shimano KSMBB9141A BB
Lynskey Full Suspension Technology
Lynskey’s simple, stiff, effective and very low maintenance single pivot rear suspension system satisfies both sides of a mountain biker’s brain. It gratifies the "order" craving left brain as it nimbly carves up singletrack with steady, precise handling, while simultaneously thrilling the creative, thrill-seeking right brain as it gobbles up bumps and brings a smile to your face.
How it does all that...
The Lynskey FS bikes employ a single pivot with a linkage drive shock that’s engineered to deliver the best of both worlds – hardtail-like power to the pedals and crisp steering response AND the ability to absorb all types of terrain keeping rubber down, rider in control and the fun meter up to 11.
Pivot location is key to most of this performance and the Lynskey pivot location has been optimized for each platform to virtually eliminate chainstay lengthening, bobbing and anti-squat while maintaining control and suspension balance under heavy braking.
Thinking beyond where the pivot and linkage are placed to how those two elements work on the trail, the Lynskey design utilizes the largest, most durable swingarm pivot bearings in the industry. Linkage bearings are simple and durable and both swingarm bearings and linkage bearings are readily available parts that are reasonably priced and easy to swap out.
Simple. Tested. Ridden. Fun.
|Seat Tube Length (A)
|Top Tube Length Effective (B)
|Head Tube Angle (C)
|Seat Tube Angle (D)
|Bottom Bracket Drop (E)
|Chain Stay Length (F)
|Head Tube Length (G)
|Fork Rake (H)
|Stand Over Height (I)
* All dimensions in inches or degress unless otherwise noted.